We are in that middle ground where the holidays are over yet spring is outside our reach. For some, winter can bring on the blues but it doesn’t have to be that way! What about a change of scenery…a weekend or mid-week trip away to enjoy some fun? Looking for some adventure? Book a winter vacation in the Hudson Valley! Enjoy some fun this winter with all kinds of activities near our bed and breakfast. We’ve rounded up some winter adventure ideas below—there is truly something for everyone so take your pick and book your next getaway today.
Hudson Valley Winter Fun
1) Outdoor Ice Skating- Time to toe loop, flip, and strut your stuff on the ice! Check out the Bear Mountain Ice Rink for some outdoor public skating. They are open through early March and offer skate rentals for $5 private skating sessions if you have a group and would like the rink to yourselves. Admission is $5 and you can find hours of operation on their website.
2) Ski, Tube and Snowboard – Grab your winter gear and suit up for some skiing, tubing or snowboarding at Mount Peter Ski Area. This fantastic local hill is just a half-hour from the inn and offers visitors 14 trails with three chairlifts. They offer rentals, lessons, night skiing, and have a great café and pub for relaxing and warming up.
3) Scenic Horseback Ride – How about some winter trail riding? Juckas Stables, a local horseback riding operation is a 30-minute drive from our inn and a wonderful spot for a horseback ride. They offer guests 117 acres of trails through some beautiful Orange County countryside. There is something so peaceful about a trail ride among stunning winter scenery. If you are a beginner, they offer lessons to all ages and abilities.
4) Hike, Snowshoe and Explore – Less than an hour away r via I-84 is a popular natural area called Port Jervis Watershed Trails and Park. This is a place to just be outdoors and enjoy all that Mother Nature has to offer. You’ll find more than 35 miles of hiking and single-track, cross-country trails along 3 reservoirs. It is a great place to go snowshoeing and mountain biking and is it open year-round.
5) Relax, Recharge, and Renew – Enjoy some personal downtime after you have spent the day adventuring! Choose some reading by the fire in the parlor, a game of Chess in our game room or perhaps a special dinner out at nearby Bella Luna Ristorante Italiano or Loughran’s Irish Pub.
Don’t miss out on priceless memories to be made! Make your trip a weekend getaway with an overnight stay at our award-winning bed and breakfast. Luxurious accommodations, in-suite amenities and amazing location make our inn a top choice for accommodations in the Hudson Valley.