Guestrooms at Our Inn
The Caldwell House Bed and Breakfast, your luxurious home away from home, is pleased to offer fourteen beautiful guest rooms to choose from. An inviting alternative to hotels in the area, our lodging accommodations are conveniently located in the heart of the Hudson Valley’s Orange County near Washingtonville, Cornwall, West Point, Highland Falls, Hyde Park, New Paltz, Monroe, Newburgh, and Bear Mountain.
We provide guests with delicious homemade breakfasts and friendly concierge services to help you plan a truly memorable stay in the Hudson Valley.
All Guestrooms feature the following amenities:
- King or queen-size bed with top-of-the-line mattresses and luxurious linens
- Armoire or personal closet, several rooms have dressers
- Large flat-screen “Smart” HDTV
- DirecTV, Netflix, Hulu+, etc.,
- Sitting area with a desk or Reading Chairs
- Fireplaces – (10) Gas, (4) Electric
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the houses and property
- Hair dryers, irons and ironing boards
- iHome clock/radio/docking station and a “Cubie” multi-port charger
- Individually controlled in-room climate controls
- Private bath with a large shower
- Gilchrist and Soames toiletries
- His/her monogrammed waffle knit Kimono Robes
- Wine Glasses, corkscrews, ceramic wine cooler
Each of our rooms has its own unique style, so please take a moment to choose the room that is right for you!
THE MAIN HOUSE
The guestrooms in the Main House each contain the original wide-pine floors and door hardware – dating back to 1803, and private en-suite bathrooms with showers (two with a Jacuzzi tub). Guests are encouraged to relax in any of the public spaces – the Living/Game Room, the Parlor, the front porch, or the grounds – and enjoy all that the fully stocked kitchenette – complete with refrigerator, microwave, Keurig, and individually wrapped snacks available for use at any time of the day – has to offer.
- We serve a full three-course homemade breakfast in our dining room each morning at 9am. Please let us know in advance if you would like a different time – we are happy to accommodate.
- With prior notification, we are happy to accommodate any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Please let us know in advance, so we can assure you of having the freshest ingredients available.
- With prior notification, we can provide you with beer/wine/liquor for consumption in your room. Just let us know what you would like to have available.
- Cancellations: We will refund your charge up to 10 days prior to your arrival date, minus a $50 service charge. After that date, your total booking amount will not be refundable.
- Check-in time is between 2 and 6 PM. Check-out time is 11 AM. Please call in advance if you need different arrangements.
- You are welcome to smoke on our porch or on the grounds where ashtrays are provided, but not inside any of the buildings on the property. NYS Law prohibits indoor smoking.
- We do not allow children under 12 to stay at the Inn unless you book all of the rooms. We appreciate your understanding of this policy since we are a romantic getaway for couples. Children will incur a fee of $50.
- With prior notice, some of our rooms can accommodate a third person, for an additional $50 fee; please inquire at the time of your reservation.
- We cannot allow pets due to potential allergy problems. We are happy to assist you in locating local boarding services.
Caldwell House Bed & Breakfast Inn is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
We have two videos on our site that are in the process of getting updated with transcriptions as well. If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking accommodations via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.
The Caldwell House is designated as historic under local law (§ 36.405 Alterations: Historic preservation.). Thus, completing all accessible alterations would destroy the historical significance of the property.
However, we are committed to doing whatever we reasonably can to make our property accessible, therefore we have added some accessible features in rooms where it was possible. Please visit our rooms page or contact us directly to determine if these features will meet your needs. Also, the parking areas are level and paved.
Contact us at the links below.