It’s time for a change of scenery! The Hudson Valley perfect location for your day trip, weekend, or vacation and a great spot for a gorgeous view is on the water. We love helping our guests plan their stay with us. Being native to the area and owning an award-winning bed and breakfast for many years provides us with the expertise and knowledge to give you the best things to see and do based on your interests. If you are up for some fun, we encourage you to enjoy some adventures on the Hudson with Storm King Adventure Tours.
Storm King Adventure Tours leads scenic kayaking tours with expert guides on the beautiful Hudson River. Whether here midweek or during a weekend, these tours are a great activity for all ages. All equipment, technical expertise and instruction are provided to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Beginners are welcome! Safety is their top priority and their staff is well-trained, kind and helpful. Once you get to the launch site, you will receive safety instructions and a kayaking basics demonstration before starting your adventure. Depending on the water conditions, you may get wet so it’s recommended you bring a towel and perhaps a spare pair of socks.
There are eleven different tours available – each different in length and content but all offering stunning views of the valley:
- Kowawese Tour – watch for bald eagles as you paddle to Plum Point Beach and have the opportunity to walk around Kowawese Park.
- Bannerman’s Island Kayak Tour – paddle under Storm King Mountain and then towards Pollepel Island where you will learn about the history of the castle as you paddle around the island viewing the ruins.
- Bannerman’s Island Walking Tour – after a paddle across the Hudson, step foot onto Pollepel Island to walk around the famous Bannerman’s Castle.
- Moodna Marsh Tour – this is a great tour for bird watchers!
- Sunset Tour – end the day on the water viewing a spectacular Hudson Valley sunset by Moodna Marsh
- Full Moon Tour – head out when the sun sets to Plum Point and then watch the moon rise by the Cornwall Bay sandbar
- Fishkill Creek Tour – travel up the East side of the Hudson to Fishkill Creek where you will meander through the marsh. This one is for intermediate paddlers
- Little Stony Point Tour – paddle out toward Breakneck Ridge to the sandy shores of Little Stony Point Park. This one is for intermediate paddlers
- Hidden Cove Tour – after a short paddle you’ll pass under a railroad trestle and explore a hidden cove
- Campfire Tour – paddle out and then relax on the shoreline with a campfire and toasting marshmallows
- Sunrise Tour – head out when the water is calm and quiet and the birds are the only company
Whether your day holds kayaking, hiking, shopping, or dining, adventure awaits on your next getaway to the Hudson Valley. Book direct online for best rates or contact us at any time for assistance or questions.