There is a simple saying out there that says, “Make good choices today so you don’t have regrets tomorrow.” We think a pretty good choice to make today is to book a stay at our award-winning bed and breakfast and enjoy a vacation in the Hudson Valley! There are innumerable reasons why we love this area. Not only does it offer some of the most spectacular scenery in the country, but it’s also busting at the seams with things to do and experience. We’ve rounded up 5 of the best things to do in Orange County, NY this November so pick a favorite, book your room, and get excited for your next getaway!
The fall is a favorite time of year for many and November is a special time in the Hudson Valley. You can literally fill your calendar with all of the events and happenings around town. Our bed and breakfast is located in Salisbury Mills, a prime spot for our guests to have access to restaurants, museums, shopping, outdoor fun, and more. With so much to see and do it can be hard to keep up so we’ve got just five things below to check out in the month of November.
- Red Hook & The Chocolate Festival – Enjoy a full day of everything chocolate! The date is November 2, 2019 and you’ll be treated to events, competitions, live music, chocolate tastings, a vendor Tent, and hay rides.
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Week – Happening November 4 – 17, 2019, this is a culinary highlight in the valley. You will eat some of the best meals you’ve ever had if you come our way during this time. You will want to make sure to book your reservations early because many of the restaurants sell out. Visit the Valley Table website for a list of participating restaurants, pricing and reservations.
- Second Saturday in Beacon – This city-wide celebration in Beacon, NY takes place the second Saturday of every month. Guests will find all sorts of special events, receptions, gallery openings and culinary tasting opportunities. The next one coming up will be November 9, 2019.
- Veteran’s Day Wreath Laying Tour – Celebrate Veteran’s Day in the Hudson Valley as the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor conducts a ceremony and wreath laying. Visitors will then be invited to take a guided tour of the Hall of Honor to learn more about the history preserved there.
- Holiday Hudson Valley Hullabaloo – This local favorite will be taking place November 23 & 24, 2019. It’s a party-like atmosphere with all kinds of makers, artists, designers, and artisanal food creators on hand selling their goods.