The Caldwell House, located in the Hudson River Valley of New York is just brimming with activities, attractions and adventures! Check out our Facebook page where we are constantly updating our dropdown menu of things to do, places to go, etc.
Whether your interest is shopping, outdoor adventures, the history of the Hudson Valley or even just leisurely enjoying the beauty of the valley, there is plenty for you to enjoy. Here is just a sampling of exciting things the Hudson Valley holds for its visitors:
Eat, Drink, and Shop
- BROTHERHOOD WINERY - America's oldest winery. "Here's looking at you kid!" 5 minutes away.
- WOODBURY COMMON PREMIUM OUTLETS - Over 200 stores. Shop till you drop.
- ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS - An American Success Story
- ROE'S ORCHARDS - Growing apples and pumpkins and baking pies since before The Civil War.
- WEIRS DAIRY BAR - 1950'S drive up ice cream landmark. Yummy!
- CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA - Four restaurants to choose from in this world renown cooking school.
- VININUM CAFE - a guest favorite restaurant located just 1.5 miles away
- LOUGHRAN'S IRISH PUB - the Hudson Valley's Happiest Irish Pub right in our backyard!!
- Bella Luna Italian Restaurant - Fine Italian Dining just 4 miles away.
- MANY OTHER GREAT RESTAURANTS NEARBY- Can we make a reservation for you?
We will provide you a list of our favorites.
- STORM KING ART CENTER - The largest outdoor sculpture park in America. Five minutes down the road.
- DIA: BEACON - Contemporary art in a former cereal box manufacturing building.
- MANITOGA- THE RUSSEL WRIGHT DESIGN CENTER - Home of a principal innovator of home and landscaped design.
- BETHAL WOODS CENTER FOR THE ARTS - Presenting some of the country's top classical, rock, pop, jazz and country entertainers. Stay with us coming or going. Just an hour north of us
- U.S. MILITARY ACADEMY at WEST POINT - Magnificent setting. "I love a parade..." sports... entertainment... fireworks... breathtaking views of Hudson River.
- GOMEZ MILL HOUSE - (17I4) The oldest existing Jewish residence in the U.S. Now that's tradition, right here in Orange County.
- BOSCOBEL HOUSE AND GARDENS - A classic Federal style home with superb views of the Hudson River Valley.
- WASHINGTON'S HEADQUARTERS - A Caldwell family member helped establish this landmark in 1850 as the first publicly operated historic site in the United States.
- GENERAL KNOX'S HEADQUARTERS - and other historic American Revolutionary sites.
- THE WERNER HOUSE/CONSTITUTION ISLAND - Beautiful setting in the Hudson River near West Point.
- MUSEUM VILLAGE -The largest living history museum in New York State.
- ROOSEVELT AND VANDERBILT ESTATES - Less than an hour away in HydePark.
- LOCUST GROVE THE SAMUEL B. MORSE HISTORIC SITE - An important painter besides an inventor.
The Great Outdoors
- BALLOON RIDES - Hot air balloon rides just a half hour away.
- ENCHANTED BALOON RIDES - Ideal for small groups 2 or 4 people.
- BIKING - Come by train on the NJTransit Metro North (Port Jervis line) to the Salisbury Mills/Cornwall station only 1/2 miles away. www.mta.info. We have bikes available for rent.
- HUDSON VALLEY BIKING - Ride to local wineries, a gourmet cheese farm, through artist hamlets, or along the majestic Hudson River.
- East Mountain Sports Climbing School - Rock and Ice climbing guide service operating out of a full service Rock Climbing retail store near "The Gunks". Open year round and offering private lessons. 845-255-3280845-255-3280
- SCHUNEMUNK MOUNTAIN - Six marked trails ranging from 1.6 to 8. 1 miles. Excellent views.
- CROWS NEST AND STORM KING - Ah wilderness!
- BLACK ROCK FOREST - Marked and unmarked trails ranging from short walks to long hikes.
- BEAR MT. STATE PARK - Spectacular views & 5000 acres of trails.
- HUDSON HIGHLANDS NATURE MUSEUM - Ah nature.
- HIL-MAR LODGE - Swimming Pool and Tennis Courts. Nominal fee. 5 minutes away.
- BEAR MOUNTAIN State Park Pool - Ice skating in winter.
- STORM KING ADVENTURE TOURS - Offering great kayaking, mountain biking and hiking tours of the area.
- THE KOI FARM - Beautiful Japanesse Koi can be purchased here for your outdoor fish pond.
- SCHUNNEMUNK SHADOW STABLES - Offering one hour private lessons as well as summer horse camp.
- MOUNT PETER - AWESOME SKIING AND RIDING just 35 minutes away.
- MOODNA VIADUCT - The largest railroad trestle spanning a land mass East of the Mississippi. Breathtaking.
- ROUTES 9W, South of Comwall, and Old Storm King Highway, Route 218 - Eye popping views.
- BEAR MOUNTAIN BRIDGE - Spaning the Hudson River for nearly 80 years.
- HUDSON HIGHLANDS CRUISES AND TOURS - Relax and enjoy scenic views.
- HUDSON RIVER ADVENTURES - Relax and enjoy the Hudson River.
Wow! So much to see and do!