Welcome to the Caldwell House, our award winning New York Bed and Breakfast. We are pleased to invite you to stay with us for a romantic weekend getaway, a memorable honeymoon vacation, or even your next family reunion get-together! Our goal is provide you with comfortable lodging and an enjoyable, carefree experience.
- A full three-course home made breakfast is served in our dining room.
- Complementary sodas, Keurig beverages and home made baked goods are always available in the dining room for guest to enjoy.
- 3D/Blu-ray DVD players complete with Netflix, Huluplus, CinemaNow, and other internet accessed TV selections is available, as is Cable TV in each room.
- Cancellations: We will refund your charge up to 10 days prior to your arrival date, minus a $50 service charge. After that date your total booking amount will not be refundable.
- Check in time is after 2 PM. Check out time is 11AM.
- You are welcome to smoke on our porch or on the grounds with ashtrays provided, but not in the house. NYS Law prohibits indoor smoking.
- Children over 12 are welcome
- We do not allow pets.
Green Practices at The Caldwell House Bed & Breakfast
The list of environmentally friendly practices in use at The Caldwell House Bed & Breakfast is long, ranging from the use of compact fluorescent bulbs and solar power to the donation and recycling of old towels and bar soaps. The B&B also recycles guest and office products.
Some of the eco-friendly efforts that are being practiced include:
- We've gone Solar in a big way. We anticipate being able - over the course of the year - to produce more power than we use!!!
- Use of compact fluorescent bulbs, where possible
- Use of timers throughout common areas
- Purchase and use of energy efficient appliances
- Donation of old towels to local Animal Shelters and unclaimed guest items to Goodwill
- Recycling of newspapers, plastic, glass and metals; housekeepers trained to remove recyclable goods from common trash in rooms (i.e. newspapers, plastic bottles, soda cans)
- Individual energy efficient air conditioning and heat in guest rooms
- Use of bulk amenity dispensers for soap, shampoo and conditioner in each guest bathroom
- Recycling/Donation of used bar soap to Clean the World
- Linen Program – change sheets every 3 days, at checkout or upon request
- Towel Program – change towels upon request by guest and at checkout
- Purchase locally grown products and bulk products where possible
- Re-use and recycle plastic bags and the use of reusable cloth bags for groceries
- Recycle paper and office products and recycle used print cartridges
- Motion sensor outdoor lighting, where practical
- Collection of all kitchen food and scraps, along with coffee waste to compost.
Ask John & Dena about the Caldwell House practices, they are proud to show them off!!!